Love is in the air! As February 14th edges closer upon us, our family here at Tortoise have been busy curating a Valentine's Day that is sure to impress your special someone. We'll create the scene, you bring the romance!
Chef Browning has created two breathtaking specials to serve in addition to our regular dinner menu this year in honor of this lover's holiday. This year since Valentine's Day falls on a Tuesday, we're celebrating throughout the entire weekend. Valentine's specials are available Friday Feb. 10th through Tuesday Feb. 14th. Our Valentine's Day Specials are as follows:
Beef Wellington for Two
12 oz. Filet stuffed with wild mushroom and Foie Gras, wrapped in a puff pastry. Served with grilled asparagus and finished with a black truffle port sauce.
Pinenut Crusted French Turbot
7 oz. pinenut crusted Turbot served atop a Maitake mushroom, baby artichoke, and asparagus ragout. Finished with a warm tomato-tarragon vinaigrette.
Cozy up with your sweetheart at a table in the crown jewel of Chicago's dining spaces, our Parlor (Red Room). The deep red lacquered walls and elegant fireplace in our Parlor create the ideal romantic atmosphere your valentine will swoon over. Step into our lounge after dinner and enjoy a nightcap and some live music played upon our 1919 Steinway Grand Piano. Our live music schedule for Valentine's Day weekend is as follows:
- Jon Wade - Friday February 10th 7:30-11:00
- Mark Burnell Trio - Saturday February 11th 8:30-Midnight
- Mark Burnell Trio with vocalist Anne Burnell - Tuesday February 14th 7-10:30pm
This year Tortoise Supper Club is opening for extended dinner hours on Valentine's Day. Our hours for the Valentine's Day weekend are as follows:
- Friday February 10th - Lunch Service 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner Service 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Saturday February 11th - Dinner Service 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Sunday February 12th - Dinner Service 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Monday February 13th - Lunch Service 11:30 am - 4:00pm Dinner Service 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Tuesday February 14th - Lunch Service 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner Service 4:00pm - 11:00pm
To help get us even more in the Valentine's Day spirit, we're encouraging our guests to share their own "Tortoise Love Stories" with us. Whether it's a story of a first date or a story of celebrating your 50th anniversary with us, we want to hear from you! Our favorite story will win dinner for two on us!
Spaces are filling up quickly so make sure you reserve your table with us today! We can't wait to celebrate with you!